The Government has announced the membership of the Australian Climate Change Board – an independent body which will provide advice on the Government's policies for reducing carbon pollution.
The members are:
- Bernie Fraser (Chairman), former Governor of the Reserve Bank
- Clive Hamilton, Professor of Public Ethics at Charles Sturt University
- John Quiggan, Professorial Research Fellow at the University of Queensland Centre for Policy Development
- David Karoly, Professor of Climate Science at the University of Melbourne
- Heather Ridout, former Executive Director of the Australian Industry Group
- John Marlay, Company Director (including Incitec Piviot, Boral and Alesco)
- Lynne Williams, former Under-Secretary of the Victorian Department of Treasury & Finance and
- The Chief Scientist (ex-officio), Ian Chubb.