The Australian Academy of Science has published a 16-page booklet on "The Science of Climate Change: Questions and Answers" for the interested non-scientist.
The publication provides an authoritative, unbiased explanation of the current situation in climate science, including where there is consensus in the scientific community and where uncertainties exist. It answers the questions:
- What is climate change?
- How has the Earth’s climate changed in the distant past?
- How has the climate changed in the recent past?
- Are human activities causing climate change?
- How do we expect climate to evolve in the future?
- What are the consequences of climate change?
- How do we deal with uncertainty in science?
A copy of the booklet can be downloaded at www.science.org.au/reports/climatechange2010.pdf