AusIndustry has launched the Climate Ready Program. Climate Ready is a competitive merit-based grants program that aims to increase the level of high quality innovation activities by small to medium sized enterprises in Australia that address the effects of climate change. It provides grants from $50,000 to $5 million for the costs of research and development, proof-of-concept and early-stage commercialisation activities in eligible projects.
The program will support projects for innovations designed specifically to address the impacts of climate change which may include:
- water recycling, waste recovery or small scale renewable energy technologies
- technologies that reduce the energy used by appliances or increase the efficiency of industrial processes
- products, processes or services to monitor emissions or power usage
- using biotechnology or nanotechnology to address the effects of climate change on humans and the environment
- information systems for businesses or consumers to compare the carbon footprints of different activities
- green building materials that make homes more energy effcient and more comfortable.
The Climate Ready Program comprises:
- small grants between $50,000 – $500,000 for projects up to 2 years duration (with possible 6 month extension)
- large grants between $500,001 – $5 million for projects up to 3 years duration (with possible 6 month extension).