CSIRO scientists have launched an energy-saving handbook in which they say that householders can reduce their home and car energy use by as much as 50 per cent by making changes to daily activities.
The CSIRO Home Energy Saving Handbook is a practical guide to saving energy and reducing greenhouse gas emissions around the home.
It is written by CSIRO Energy Transformed Flagship’s Dr Peter Osman, Dr John Wright and Peta Ashworth..
The handbook offers information and advice on how to measure and reduce an individual’s carbon footprint in all aspects of modern living, including:
- simple energy-saving tricks around the house
- maximising a home’s potential for easy heating and cooling
- ways to save on shopping and transport
- making the most of gardens and
- tips for building and renovating homes.