Home |  About Us

Renewable energy news, events & providers
in Australia and New Zealand.

*** Aussie Renewables is currently being updated! Thank you for your continued support ***
If you would like to update your project listing or let us know about a new project please email hello@aussierenewables.com.au

Aussie Renewables does not own or operate any power station and has no employees.
Recent Listings
  • Axedale Solar Farm

    UPC\AC Renewables Australia announces development of the Axedale Solar Farm with 160MW of solar PV and 50MWh of battery storage.

    (01/03/2020 08:50PM)

  • Vacy Solar Farm

    Rio Indygen is proposing to build a 25MW solar farm near Vacy in the New South Wales Hunter region.

    (24/06/2019 04:53PM)

  • Chichester (Pilbara) Solar Farm

    Alinta Energy is planning to construct a 60MW solar farm near the Christmas Creek iron ore mine in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.

    (24/06/2019 04:39PM)

  • Quorn Park Solar Farm

    Renewable Energy Developments Pty Ltd is proposing to build a 160MW solar farm near Parkes in the central west of New South Wales.

    (24/06/2019 03:55PM)

  • MacAnzac Project

    AgriWaste Pty Ltd is proposing to develop a 100MW agricultural waste energy generating plant near Coleambally in the New South Wales Riverina.

    (24/06/2019 03:40PM)

Collgar Wind Farm

Collgar Wind Farm is located approximately 25 kilometres south east of Merredin, Western Australia.

Construction began in June 2010. The wind farm was connected to the grid in April 2011 and the first 50 turbines started operation in May 2011. It is expected to be fully operational by May 2012.

With 111 turbines, the first stage will have a total capacity of 206 MW. When completed it will be the largest wind farm in the southern hemisphere.

The project has been developed by international investment bank UBS and the Retail Employees Superannuation Trust (REST). The UBS International Infrastructure Fund will retain a 60 per cent ownership of the project and the remaining 40 per cent will be held by REST.

Full construction commenced in June 2010 and was completed by October 2011.

In June 2019, UBS sold its 60 per cent share to REST, giving REST full ownership.

Company: Retail Employees Superannuation Fund

Capacity (MW): 206

Status: Operating

Start Year: 2011

Technology: Wind turbine

Fuel: Wind

Type of Turbine: 2MW Vestas V90

No. of Turbines: 111

Source of Information: Collgar Wind Farm web site (September 2011)


  • Merredin-Narrembeen Road
    Merredin, Western Australia 6415