Home |  About Us |  Contact


Renewable energy news, events & providers
in Australia and New Zealand.
Recent Listings
  • Walcha Energy Project - Solar

    Walcha Energy Project - Wind Energy Estate and MirusWind are planning to develop a 4GW wind, solar and hydro project near Walcha in the New England region of New South Wales. The solar component is planned to have a capacity of up to 650MW

    (20/11/2018 11:20AM)

  • Walcha Energy Project - Wind

    Energy Estate and MirusWind are planning to develop a 4GW wind, solar and hydro project near Walcha in the New England region of New South Wales. The wind component is planned to have a capacity of 3,400MW.

    (20/11/2018 11:00AM)

  • Hills of Gold Wind Farm

    Wind Energy Partners is planning to develop a 410MW wind farm near Nundle in the New England region of New South Wales.

    (20/11/2018 10:32AM)

  • Illabo Solar

    Tilt Renewables is planning to construct an 80MW solar farm near Junee in southern New South Wales.

    (20/11/2018 10:09AM)

  • Gladstone Abatoir Solar Farm

    Asia-Pacific Agri-corp is planning to develop a 78MW solar farm to provide power for a new abattoir to be built in the Gladstone State Development Area in northern Queensland.

    (05/10/2018 01:31PM)

Featured Businesses

Australian Energy Storage Conference
 
Renewable Cities Conference
 
Promote Your Renewables Business
 

 

Tumut Pulp and Paper Mill

The Visy pulp and paper mill in Tumut uses a chemical process to separate fibre for paper production. Input wood chips are dried in a chemical reaction and the waste organic liquid material, known as black liquor, is used in a recovery boiler to generate 60% of the energy from the plant. The remaining 40% of energy is generated by a biomass-fired power boiler. The two energy sources produce steam to drive the milling process. The mill generates 20 MW of electricity, more than two-thirds of the total energy required by the facility (27 MW).

The Visy paper mill in Tumut receives woody materials from a Visy processing facility at Kemps Creek in the Sydney, which processes garden organic waste to provide fuel to the Tumut mill. The mill also accepts a range of urban wood waste,

 

Company: Visy

Capacity (MW): 20

Status: Operating

Start Year: 2001

Technology: Cogeneration

Fuel: Biomass - Wood Waste

Source of Information: Recycled Organics Unit web site (September 2011)

Location

  • Snowy Mountains Highway
    Tumut, New South Wales 2720
    Australia