The Australian Renewable Energy Agency is providing $500,000 to the Clean Energy Council to carry out the first stage of a project to improve the electricity grid to support the growth of clean energy.
The project will be completed over several stages, with a series of reports and stakeholder workshops planned to communicate the key findings.
The main objectives are:
- To identify key barriers to the sustainable integration of renewable energy and demand management;
- To establish, coordinate and maintain relationships and dialogue between key stakeholders;
- To provide a set of recommendations aimed at alleviating barriers to integrating renewable energy and demand management;
- To demonstrate the technical performance of existing and emerging technologies; and
- To ensure a holistic approach to the distribution industry.